Polyurethane for elevator equipment repair
Polyurethane is a polymer, a versatile material that, depending on its composition, can be viscous, liquid, high or low elastic. It consists of isocyanate and polyol, as well as auxiliary substances: catalysts, foaming agents and stabilizers. Currently, polyurethane is used almost everywhere: industry, food and construction industries and others.
Polyurethane lining is gaining popularity. Lining is a finishing of the working surface of the equipment with a material resistant to chemical, mechanical, thermal, physical stress. Lining with a polyurethane sheet is made using an adhesive, bolts or a combination method. The material replaces well milling products made of steel, rubber or polyethylene.
Due to its durability and cost, polyurethane becomes the best option.
Repair of elevators with polyurethane in Ukraine
Equipment polyurethane lining has significant advantages:
- increased durability of equipment;
- increased chemical resistance of surfaces;
- noise and vibration isolation;
- mechanical strength, high creep resistance;
- is tasteless and odorless;
- radiation resistance;
- does not freeze;
- dielectric properties;
- resistance to deformation;
- UV and microbial resistance.
Repair of elevators at the plant of elevator equipment “Sokol” with polyurethane with these advantages becomes especially important.
Dry grain, passing through steel gravity, quickly wipes the walls of pipes and transitions, which leads to the fact that high-cost repair of these elements is required again and again, and, as a result, the entire elevator as a whole. This leads to millions in losses for the elevator.
Polyurethane lining of surfaces
The solution to this problem is the polyurethane lining of the elevator elements:
Gravity lining with polyurethane, due to its properties, will reduce grain losses due to mechanical damage during its passage through pipes. The high durability of the polyurethane protects the pipes from wear and corrosion.
Let’s outline the main advantages of repairing an elevator with polyurethane:
- Polyurethane-lined pipes, elbows, surfaces last ten times longer than steel ones.
- Maintenance and operating costs are significantly reduced, downtime is virtually eliminated.
- There is an increase in profits due to a decrease in grain losses and an improvement in its grade.